Explore all of the ways in which you can celebrate Women’s History Month at Manhattan West.
Support Women Led and Owned Businesses:
Ci Siamo – Hillary Sterling & Robin Wright
Hillary Sterling is the executive chef of Ci Siamo, an Italian-inflected dining experience that bridges the traditional with the contemporary. With years of experience in the restaurant industry learning from people like Bobby Flay and Missy Robbins, Sterling has launched Ci Siamo into one of the top-rated restaurants in New York City.At Ci Siamo, Hillary has created an ambitious restaurant centered around live fire cooking and the understated excellence of seasonal ingredients. The culmination of her diverse culinary training and extensive travels, Ci Siamo is Hillary’s most personal project to date and celebrates the power of simplicity.
By Hillary’s side is beverage director Robin Wright.
Robin first realized her calling as a sommelier – perfectly marrying her love for global cultures and hospitality. From there, she catapulted to the Michelin-starred Aureole and later Dovetail, where she worked as a sommelier. In 2018, she joined the award-winning beverage team at The NoMad Hotel and then took position as sommelier at the acclaimed Daniel in 2021, developing a deep appreciation for the classics. At Ci Siamo, Robin is proud to oversee a beverage program that showcases the diversity and depth of Italian viticulture, giving equal spotlight to some of the wine world’s most celebrated producers and its lesser-known innovators.
- Support these women by grabbing a bite and a drink at Ci Siamo. Walk ins are welcomed at the bar! Lean more HERE.
OPR Eyewear – Federica Scala
Federica, alongside her husband Idriss, launched the OPR Eyewear brand, bringing hand-crafted luxury Italian made eyewear to Manhattan. OPR will be hosting a special three-day event on March 21, 22, 23 to celebrate women, especially women in business. During this event, they will be offering the following special offers:
- A large selection offrames will be 50% off the listing price.
- Eye exams will be just $40 (instead of $75).
- Stop into OPR eyewear and support a woman led business! Learn more HERE.
Join Us for Amplified: Music by Women from Around the Globe on Wednesday, March 22.
On the occasion of Women’s History Month, enjoy a marathon of music in the lobby of One Manhattan West by women artists from around the globe, based in NYC. Lunchtime (12-2pm) and evening (5-8pm) performances will take place and will feature music rooted in locations as far away as Venezuela and Sudan, and as close as next door. This event is free to attend and open to the public.
In the spirit of International Women’s Day (celebrated on March 8), fresh flowers will be gifted during the event, a tradition followed worldwide in appreciation and respect for women and all of their achievements.
- 12PM: Roshni Samlal (Trinidad) & Camila Celin (Colombia) play South Asian classical music on the tabla and sarod.
- 1PM: Morley (US) weaves the threads of jazz and folk traditions with messages of justice.
- 5PM: Alsarah (Sudan/US) performs music that is influenced by her roots in East Africa.
- 6PM: Mafer Bandola & Miriam Elhajli (Venezuela/US) plays the bandola llanera, a rare stringed instrument from her native country.
- 7PM: Mireya Ramos (Mexico/Puerto Rico/Dominican Republic) combines mariachi, salsa, merengue, with a nod to hip hop and house.